Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday again!

Yup happy birthday again! This time to my mum!

Ok her birthday was definitely going to be more than just a few warcraft pics so those now famous pics of mine are not around. Instead I cooked her a special meal! Some Spanish(I think) thingy called quiche and some salmon with Italian herbs. Sounds cool? Sadly, it didn’t really turn out as cool as it sounded.

But it was still good! Though there were many minor hiccups along the way of my foray back into cooking after a break of more than 1 year. The last time I can remember cooking was at paul cheong’s house I think… I havn’t cooked since entering army.

So started off with the simple task of cooking the veg. Everything had been cut washed and prepared nicely when I realize that my mum had changed the place we put our cooking oil since a yr ago. And I can’t find it. holy shit. Worse still, after I found it, I realized that I hadn’t chop the garlic. Up there lah, I’m pretty sure that 2 years ago I would never have forgotten these things.

Anyway, after veg and mushrooms are done and transferred into a nice pot for the next stage of cooking, it looks like this

From UBERCOOLKIAs! :)


Now the eggs and milk, I must say my egg beating skills just rock. My house DOESN”T HAVE AN EGG BEATER, so I beat it with a spoon. To perfection =) ok fine, near perfection. End product looks like this


From UBERCOOLKIAs! :)


Add it to the bowl of veg and mushies, add parmesan and cheddar cheese and bake, and the quiche is done! And it’s good!!! Only bad thing is that there’s way too much.


From UBERCOOLKIAs! :)


A bowl this size is >>> 3 ppl. Way too much for 3 ppl. But still qte happy wif it.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the salmon, so I shan’t really say much abt it. It’s good tasting, but not as good as I tot it would be. Below expectation. Yup. Anyway, the final thing looks like this

From UBERCOOLKIAs! :)


Yup yup happy birthday!

Next estimated post date: 1-3 may 09

No comments:

Post a Comment