Sunday, May 03, 2009

Civil Military Relations

It's the first time I felt something remotely positive when doing duty. I helped somebody and it felt good, which did absolutely nothing in relieving the pain of having to spend 34hrs of my weekend in camp.

I was the Gd Cmd on Saturday, around 0230, some civilians approached the gate. They said that when playing soccer on a field just outside the camp, the ball got kicked over the fence into my camp. Initially I sent 2 guards to look for it but they were unsuccessful, I told the guy we could not find it and asked him to leave his contact. I could see his disappointment and he must have thought 't0k c0ck 1, even if they found it surely they'll k0pe it for themselves'. I told my Gd2 to stand in for me and I went to search for the ball personally. I realized that it's in a restricted area which required me to draw the gate key from the Ops room. I retrieved the ball eventually and returned it to the grateful owner on Sunday morning at the end of my shift.

I feel that this is an examplary textbook display of good CMR, I should be promoted to LG and awarded the Distinguished Service Medal, then maybe I can abolish NS and become a hero of the people(read males >16.5y/o)

No comments:

Post a Comment