Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NS Call Up?

I received a MINDEF notification for a call up yesterday.

Usually, such events are associated with shock, cursing and sadness on the part of the receiver. Mine was more than that.

Part of me thought it was a very very bad joke.

Reason? The date of the ICT was 12/10/2010 to 29/10/2010.
For those of you who are wondering what's wrong with that date, take a second look at the month of the call up.

Like hello? It has been repeatedly clarified to us that those who are headed off to institutes of higher learning(IHL), which is practically the entire RJC cohort, will either be deferred(overseas cases) or be called up during a common black-out window(local cases). That above date hardly complied with that.

It can only mean 1 thing. Someone somewhere screwed something up. And the administration failed to pick it up.

Now half of me feels like posting my NS call up email on failblog and then write in to the straits times demanding an explanation. Usually, i can take things pretty calmly. But with the burden on an unlimited workload, seeing such a mess up is pushing me to the verge of explosion. And if i require a deferment, i actually have to send a copy of my uni acceptance letter, a copy of my course time table, as well as a copy of my exam time table. Of which i have none cause i've missed all my uni briefings so far due to work commitments.

How much trouble is it going to cause me to procure all that? Surely much less than a simple write-up to the straits times. Well, SAF better pray they clear this mess up soon, not just for me, but for 10 of my platoon mates as well, or risk a serious blow-up.

noobify†™
ys

No comments:

Post a Comment