Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Frogs Eat Mosquitoes

Okie. Yupp finally discharged. Decided to post about my trip to the hospital in case more and more people ask., then I have to keep explaining. Although its quite fun. Hahaha! Okies. Here its goes..

So I was warded to East Shore Hospital, somewhere near kembangan, okie. But it all started when on Thursday night.. when I had diarrhea 10 times in the night and vomited 3 times. It was then I decided I had to go to hospital. So okie. I woke up in the morning, told the school that I would be warded and happily went to hospital thinking it was just some disease that would be cured in one day not knowing what I had to face..

When I was there, I was greeted by friendly nurses and receptionists. Took my blood pressure, which let me feel quite muscular and had my temperature taken. Then went to see some doctor first.. then he ask me lie down, press my stomach here and there then tell me I would be warded to get observed for the next few days. Okie. Then, he said need to take my blood and get me on drip. Yes. On drip. ON DRIP!?! Ya la drip la. I din think much of it. Not knowing what to expect.

So blood test. Like the usual army ones.. like ant bite, then okie le. Then the drip came. Nurse ask me not to look. Ya. So weird la. Ask me dun look of course I sure look. Haha. Ya so I took a look. And er. The needle quite big de. According to weisong 2.2 something. Should be mm rite. Lol. Can’t be cm or inches. Lolz. Radius or diameter I dunno. Okie. Then in it went. Okie la. Just more pain. Abit more, then abit more then soon it became numb. Okie. So I went with the drip to the ward. 4371 AND 4372. okie got 2 numbers cos they are the same room. 2 beds converted into 1 single ward. Yup. So the ward very spacious. Okie. It was about 730 am them. Just about the time you all worrying about the MATHS PAPER 1. yeah. All these while my mum was talking to the sch people trying to arrange for me to take the paper in sch in the afternoon cos I had to drip 2 packets before I was considered stable to take exam. Cool rite.

So I lay around, felt very uncomfortable with the drip.. cos it was irritating. Like an ant crawling on my hand. Hahaha. Yea. So my assigned doctor came. And he also did the same. Check my stomach, press press, asked “ boy pain?” haha then I said a bit la. then the doctor ask what I eat, and what I did, where did I go the previous days. Then he concluded: “ you might have dengue.” So phew, I thought, “might only” okie. Then my mum told me I could take exam later at about 2. Then was quite happy. So I waited.

Then some rjc maths teacher came. Ms koo I think. Yup. the one who uses effectively quite effectively de  hee. Yup. she’s very nice though. She came at 9am like dat to just watch me. To make sure I din have contact with the outside world. I had to off my phone too. So I did. I very guai one lor. Okie. So I waited waited. then soon it was 1 pm. The nurse came in to check if the drips were okie. Then I requested to take the drip off my hand when I take the exam, a move which I regretted later. Lolz.

Okie so I took my exam, in some activities room, quite big and spacious, dun have pic here, forgot to take. Yup. then I came out and whooo! Saw the following people below.



Then talked talked talked. Really thankful that they came. Yup. brightens up my day.



Thanks for all the people who msggeed me! Sure did make me recover fast fast! Yup! so okie. After they left, I was given 2 choice:

1) Get back on drip or…
2) Drink 6 cans of 100 plus in 1 night

Guess what I chose, the drip.

Lolz. Cos my stomach couldn’t take 6 cans. I would vomit before anything goes in. so yup. drip. Okie this time I requested for the staff nurse, Rita. She’s quite pro in this. Of course la. that’s y I ask her make for me. So she poke my hand again. 1st time, when the needle went in, I tensed up! Why did I have to do that!? Then she pulled the needle out and said: I’m afraid I have to find another place to poke again cos I tensed up and got backflow, so cannot. So 2nd time, I braced myself, and okie finally okie.. actually it’s the suspense that kills.. lolz. So I got poked by the BIG needle 3 times. Lolz. When actually only 1 is needed if ya hospitalized. All thanks to my decision of removing it, when I could have chosen to just add a connector to it and free myself from the tube but the needle looking thing still there.

Okie so got 3 holes on my hand: only 2 shown on the pic below cos the last one haven removed yet.



Okie so the whole drip looks like this:





On my hand:




And with just the connecting valve looks like this:



And the drip was some sodium thing, some salt I think to replenish my body fluids cos I can’t eat much or drink much cos I’ll vomit. Yup. so yup had to go on drip.

The drip packet looks like: not very clear cos my hand was shaking, was in a weird position. Yea.



Okie. I was on drip rate 125ml per dunno how many seconds or something. Yup hahaha!

Okies. So yup. more stories!
When changing the drip packet, when they nvr change properly, here’s what will happen: the blood will flow back and clot.




Okie so now I’m presented with 2 scenarios:

1) the blood clot in the long tube and I just have to change the tube.
2) The blood in the inner tube clot, and I have to relocate another position on my hand. Meaning have to get another needle in.

Okie so lady luck was shining.. i got scenario 1. so they just changed the tube and inject some liquid in. something like the picture below.




Yupp.. so it was quite scary, cos apparently some intern nurse was changing the drip packet for me. So got backflow. Haiz suay. So yup. then Nurse Zahara, some pro nurse help me changed the tube. Yupp



Okies. Anyway the food was not bad. Cos my aunt worked there.. then I could order fish and chips, chicken chop, lamb chop, hee. And hor fun, ee mian, roast duck, etc, lol.. yea..

Okie but I din get to eat those. I survived on FISH MEE SUAH! Hahaha! Pic shown below!



Anyway, the view on from my bed of the room is er. Construction site la. so ya and some condos. So ya.



But okie la. I wasn’t allowed to move about too much. okie. Some facts about dengue. If you have dengue: your platelets will drop. When I was warded, my platelets were already low, 104. ( all platelet numbers are in terms of 1000 ) normal range is 140 to 460. yup. so second day 89. third day 93, fourth day 121, fifth day 134.

Yup then I was discharged. Anyway, if below a certain number, have to drip blood in. yup. scary!

Haha. A pic of my ward



And the nurse’s reception table:



Okies.so why is my heading frogs eat mosquito. Its because I ate some secret remedy: 3 frogs with 5 small bittergourd (not the usual ones). Basically, behead the frog, clean of its intestines and erm cut the bittergourd, throw away the inside and let the frog’s juice drip on the bittergourd while steaming. No water used. Okie. I might not be describing correctly. Cos my grandma cook for me de. Its some thing to treat dengue. Yupp. I think very effective cos my platelets shot up a lot! So I came up with this theory: frogs eat mosquitoes. Which they do rite! Haha. Okie.


From the department of statistics:
My stay in hospital…

6 days in Hospital (2nd to 7th Nov 2007)

3 A level papers

3 BIG Jabs

6 jabs for blood test

11 tubes of blood

30 packets of drip fluid

80 plus tablets altogether

30 plus trips to the toilet

3 games of pool on ESPN

1 funny show on HBO

1 bottle plus of nice barley! (:

1 bottle of ju hua (:

1 nice nice get well card (:(:

1 nice nice get well board (:(:

1 get well basket of goodies (:(:(:

1 get well soon BALLOOOON (:(:(:

MR CHEONG AND MR CHONG!!! (:(:(:(:(:

Kelvin,gerard,yongsheng,gen,ellen,yiting,zann,trish's precious Visitssssss! (: ^X


at the cost of

~5000 SGD.. ):



Unforgettable, truly memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment