Friday, March 16, 2007

the turf is greener on the other side.

Well, I was supposed to be mugging but I wasn't. It's really quite hard to concentrate when you have an upcoming race, and besides, a lot of brain cells dedicated to syllabus will probably die during the race itself. Which was today.

Swift Cross-Country was at Turf City today. 4.5km route. I guess I sort of screwed it up. Maybe not sort of. Something more definitive. I did screw up. I'm not going to write about my position. Though I did do a personal best (time) for this route, it's because it's a personal first.

Weather: Hot and sunny, a bit of clouds as well.
What I felt before the race: nervous and not very confident. I had tried to rest a lot, but somehow, my leg muscles kept tensing up, resulting in them feeling a bit tired before the race.
What I felt after the race: that I needed to go to the washroom urgently. apparently comes from drinking too much water before the race. oh well, better than getting heat exhaustion, or heat stroke at any rate.
Time: 16.42
I would have thought this an okay time if I had not considered my position relative to others. Anyway, my performance was bad because it fell below my expectations, which is doing better than normal.

I guess I won't do a very long post because I've got to mug. Anyhow, I guess that there are people who were worse off than me. Like the 7 Gurkhas who were at the head of the pack, then all got disqualified because they ran the wrong route.

PS in case you're wondering about the title of this post, it's because i'm never satisfied. not because there's greener turf on the other side of the fence. the grass at turf city can hardly be called 'turf'.

No comments:

Post a Comment