Tuesday, April 17, 2007

X-Cntry 07

This Wednesday, 18th April, is going to be an important day. Physics SPA.

But since I don't know what's going to be tested for SPA, I'll write about the other event especially important to me. Cross Country Nationals 2007 @ Turf City. The biggest race of our 1.5 years in Cross Country. The culmination of one and a half years of hard training, the one event that we have all gone through so much for. X-Cntry 2007.

No matter how the result is on Wednesday, I will nevertheless be proud of our team this year. Over the past year, under the guidance of both our coach and teacher-in-charge, as well as the leadership of our captain, I feel that we have really progressed well, and bonded together as a team, having gone through so much together. No matter the result on Wednesday, I will always remember the mutual encouragement that we gave each other to pull us through, the hard runs we did together. I will always remember the times we had in cross country, both good and bad, and the advice and encouragement that our coach gave us. Fast and relaxed, just stick with him. These words shall echo in my mind for a long time to come.

I still remember the first training that I ever had in Cross Country. 31st October 2005. After the HCL O's. At that time, I remember that the workout was a 50min easy run. And I remembered how noob I was. Couldn't go on after 40min. And yet I persevered, I strove to improve myself, and now, one and a half year later, here I stand. Though the trainings were hard and sometimes I even felt like giving up, looking back, I don't regret my decision to join Cross Country all those months ago. Being in Cross Country has taught me resolve, determination, and discipline...indeed, a careful management of time as well. (wth I sound as if I'm writing my 3 best achievements)

Cross Country 07...8 people are in the team, 6 will run, and the top 4 scores will be taken. Though we do not know who will be the 2 reserves yet, I do not expect to be running, because I know that there are many people who are better than me, and more deserving of running. I wish these runners all the best, to run well for themselves, for the team, and for the school.

I don't ask for a lighter load...All I ask for is a stronger back.

No comments:

Post a Comment